- Choose from 3 ways to read: Read to Me, Read it Myself, or Auto Play
- Listen to professional narration and fun music and sound effects
- Enjoy the original illustrations from the classic book
- Read or follow along as the words are highlighted; touch words to hear them again
- Touch images on the screen, and their words will pop up
What if? Why not? Could it be?
When a fortune teller’s tent appears in the market square of the city of Baltese, orphan Peter Augustus Duchenne knows the questions that he needs to ask: Does his sister still live? And if so, how can he find her? The fortune teller’s mysterious answer (an elephant! An elephant will lead you there!) sets off a chain of events so remarkable, so impossible, that you will hardly dare to believe it’s true. With atmospheric illustrations by fine artist Yoko Tanaka, here is a dreamlike and captivating tale that could only be told by Newbery Medalist Kate DiCamillo. In this timeless fable, she evokes the largest of themes: hope and belonging, desire and compassion–with the lightness of a magician’s touch.