I’ve been nominated for 2 awards! Robin @ The Bomb-Diggity Classroom nominated me for the One Lovely Blog award. Ashley @ Inspire, Dream & Create and Michelle @ Mrs. G’s Kindergarten in heels nominated my blog for the Versatile Blog award. Thanks you all! It’s taken a while to respond to these awards and find blogs to feature that haven’t won these awards. However, it was a labor of love. There are so many awesome blogs out there! Teachers are some of the most creative & sharing bloggers there are! 🙂
Don’t miss these blog inspirations!
* Deana’s Tooth Fairy Bags (darling idea – perfect for firsties!)
* Katrina’s lesson on dressing for success — as a baker! Say what?! What a great idea for back to school!
* Marsha’s word wall activities & listen to reading bags. Just what I needed!
* This quote at Mrs. Corbitt’s site:
“If a doctor, lawyer, or dentist had 40 people in his office at one time, all of whom had different needs, and some of whom didn’t want to be there and were causing trouble, and the doctor, lawyer, or dentist, without assistance, had to treat them all with professional excellence for nine months, then he might have some conception of the classroom teacher’s job.”
One Lovely Blog
Haley @ My Silly Firsties
Judy @ Teaching Little Apples
Jo Ellyn @ The First Grade Reader
Rebecca @ First Grade Fascination
Lisa @ First Grade Bloomabilities
Kelli @ Spotted in First Grade
Mrs. Corbitt @ Tadpole Tidbits
The Versatile Blog
Deana @ First Grade Chatter
Katrina @ A Love 4 Teaching
Stefanie @ Celebrate First Grade
Keri @ Sweet Life of Teaching
Marsha @ A Differentiated Kindergarten
Stacy @ Simpson’s Superstars
Miss Kelly @ 2care2teach4kids
One of the awards asked me to list 7 random things about me. Here is the randomness! 🙂
1. I’m 2 days older than my husband. Yikes! I’ll turn 40 before he does!
2. I have 2 awesome boys! They both had medical problems at birth — one only weighted 3.6 pounds! I’m thankful every day that they are SO healthy now! Well…besides the fact that one was stung by a wasp today and the other had multiple mosquito bites the other day and I’ve been nursing him ever since (he has extreme reactions). Just a typical day in the life of a mom! 🙂
3. We have 2 cats that were rescued when they were only 2 days old and had to be bottle fed. They are a little over a year old. Unfortunately, they are both out-of-control! Boots loves to eat stretchy hairbands and Pirate eats clothes! Literally — we have big holes missing out of any clothes that are left out! Suggestions are welcome! I’ve tried chew toys & even “dog” chicken jerky (along with his regular food).
4. I play the piano and the harp. I’m totally an amateur and I never have time to practice any more. I did play the harp at a few weddings back in the day.
5. I was in the Woman’s Day magazine many years ago. It was for a makeover – hadn’t changed my look in a while. I could use another one!
6. There was a 13 year “break” between my student teaching and my classroom experience! I got married right after graduation and thought I’d wait a year to start teaching. I started doing temp. jobs and ended up going into insurance (marketing department and then sales). Then I had kids and stayed home for a while (and started a home business — selling books)
7. I don’t care much for cake & I don’t like brownies. My love for ice cream makes up for it!